Sunday, July 24, 2011

Riding the widow maker, a truly free man is me.

Doug Bow_24Websize copy


     This is a much younger me rideing the bowsprit of my boat with a cup of coffee as the Osprey sails her
self. There is hardly anyone who recognizes the freedoms we have more than a man that lives aboard a boat and travels this country of ours with it's freedom to do your own thing are not shared by much of the world. My sailing counterparts around the world have not the guarantee of privacy that our Jones act guarantees me. No officer of the law can board my boat without the accompaniment of a Coast Guard Boarding officer. This is a right that very few Americans are even aware of. This is right I have known of some having had to defend by going to jail and released with an apology from a local police department. These are rights we should all defend when the occasion arises even if it means being uncomfortabal. In talking boats on line I find it amazing how many are quick to defend the idea that we have no right to defend ourselves. They often say show me the law that gives me that right.   My thoughts on that are how about our constitution and the unwritten rights of man. All rights are ours and our states unless the constitution gives that right to the federal Government and they are few and far between.  Take pride and enjoy your God given rights as enumerated in our constitution.     Doug

No comments: